1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a sheet cake pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray. Using a food processor, process cheese on high until ground, or purchase ground, not grated, fresh Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese. Pop the popcorn using one of the following methods:
2) Stovetop: Put 1 Tbsp oil into a large, deep heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Drop in 1 kernel of corn and when it pops, add 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, replace lid and give the pot a firm up-and-down shake every 30 seconds or so to heat evenly. When popping slows after 2 to 3 minutes, remove the pot from heat and transfer popcorn to pan. Separate out unpoppled kernels so you don't accidentally bite into one later.
3) Microwave: Place 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in a paper lunch bag. Fold over the top edge to secure; microwave on high for about 2 minutes, or until kernels have mostly stopped popping and there are 3-5 seconds between pops. There are also some popcorn bowls specially designed for air-popping in the microwave that work well. Spray the hot popped popcorn with olive oil using an oil mister so that the seasoning will stick. Separate out unpopped kernels.
4) Popcorn Popper: Some poppers require oil while others use hot air. Follow the manufacturer's instructions. When using a hot-air popper, have an oil mister filled with olive oil ready to spray on the hot popcorn as it comes out of the popper. Separate out unpopped kernels.
5) Spread popcorn out on the parchment-lined pan. Spray popcorn with olive oil, coating well. Sprinkle cheese and Italian seasoning over popcorn distributing evenly. Put into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Lift up both sides of parchment paper and slide popcorn into serving bowl. Enjoy!